Thursday 29 January 2015

Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?


Preach it with a badge

Whenever I'm not glued to my Macbook (I know, I know but it's the student designer life) I like to stick my head in a book and get completely lost. Be that for 2 pages or 200 pages, it doesn't matter. Each to their own but I just find it difficult to understand how people can just not like reading, or say it's boring. I think that I may just be biased as it is my favourite hobby (is it a hobby?) though.

Currently on my to-read list:
The New Republic – Lionel Shriver
Someone Like You – Roald Dahl
The Bell Jar – Sylvia Plath
The Fault In Our Stars – John Green
Editorial Design: Digital and Print – Cath Caldwell and Yolanda Zappaterra
Basics Design 07: Grids – Gavin Ambrose and Paul Harris
Jurassic Park – Michael Crichton
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children – Ransom Riggs
Saga – Brian K. Vaughan and illustrated by Fiona Staples

What I'm currently reading or rereading:
Girl, Interrupted – Susanna Kaysen
Mockingjay – Suzanne Collins
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – J.K. Rowling

Basically reading is good and more people should do it, if only so that I can start a book club. 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment